The first thing that attracted me to watching the Place Beyond the Pines was Ryan Gosling. I’m also a fan of Eva Mendes and Bradley Cooper so thought it would be worth a watch. After watching the advert a few times online I finally got around to watching it. It was really refreshing to watch a film that didn’t have the whole story line written out in the trailer.
Other things that stood out for me in the film was the mixture of characters there were in it. It covered father issues, teenage angst, backward policemen, egotistic politicians, and doting mothers.
I really enjoyed the film. It was exciting to watch, fast paced and featured a high pitched Ryan Gosling voice in it that was quite entertaining. When I say fast paced I don’t mean that the story line was weak so needed to have lots of things happening in a short space of time to make it interesting. It was a full circle film that finished nicely and didn’t leave you annoyingly wondering what happened to the characters.
Someone in work asked me last week if Ryan Gosling is really that attractive and in this film he really is.
Thoughts from this week:
- I’ve been wanting to go see the Bling Ring and This is the End but they’re not on
- Started to read Perks of Being a Wallflower and already seen the film
- Listening to a lot of Clubland 8, Floorfillers 08 and Now 52
- Recently I’ve been googling a lot of celebrity couples I think are cool
- Need to stop googling the Wanted