I have now been at the BBC for a week and it’s been pretty great so far. After my first successful vox pop I then upgraded to prerecording some stuff for the BBC Radio Manchester breakfast show. I set my alarm for 6am to listen and it was unusual to hear my voice on the radio. Since then I’ve been setting up interviews for the show and writing content for the radio script.
During my time there I have spotted a few famous people, although no one else seems to find it that interesting. These people include:
- The Hairy Bikers
- BBC Breakfast presenters
- North West Tonight presenters
- Lead singer from Simply Red-Mick Hucknall
- Nick Robinson, BBC political reporter
- And David Mitchell from The Peep Show
I was close to asking David Mitchell for a photo but I was concerned he was going to ask me something about The Peep Show and I’d end up telling him I didn’t watch it and only liked him in the “Hi I’m a mac and I’m a PC” adverts. Tomorrow I am going into the office for 5am to go out with the radio car which I’m looking forward to.
In other news I went to see Skyfall last night and it was amazing. It’s been so tempting to ruin the story line for everyone, but I haven’t yet. I loved the new bond girl and the Tom Ford suits and I also enjoyed the shameless product placement of Heineken throughout. The film reminded me slightly of the Batman films but I don’t know why. There were a lot more of the old classic Bond traits like one liners and ridiculous scenes combined with modern traits like unforeseen twists. I’m pretty sure I’ll watch it at the cinema again, it was that good.
Thoughts from this week:
- Hurricane Sandy makes me feel like it should be stormy outside here
- I’ve got loads of TV to catch up with at some point
- New Tarantino film coming out in January looks awesome
- Going to London this weekend
- I will be playing mouse trap for the first time tonight